Sunday, September 13, 2009

True Blood Inspired wedding

photo credit: http://belladonnabelle.livejournal.com/
Welcome to a wedding inspired by True Blood. Tonight's finale on HBO will be watched by many and as planners, we take inspiration from many things, including TV. True Blood is no exception. There have been so many story lines and next year will be no different. I admit to not having read the books yet, but I can see the writing on the wall. Sookie will eventually fall in love with Eric. So my TrueBlood inspired wedding is for Sookie Stackhouse and Eric Northam (I know! no hate mail please)

I have the good fortune of using pieces from a previous wedding in my theme. Of course, the main color: RED.

First up: What will Sookie wear. I say a bride can wear whatever she wants. While Sookie is a country girl at heart, perhaps the relationship with Eric will make her a little more modern. Let's give her two options:
Or for her southern belle heritage with a twist, a red ball gown:

Or you think there is too much red, how hot would Sookie be in a black version:


I don't envision a church wedding for these two, so my venue is a lavish venue right here in Texas. How about the Corinthian in Houston, Texas. With red as our main color, we use inexpensive red carnations to make several balls to decorate the entrance. Take a close look at the doors. Yup, those doors are covered in roses.

Stay tuned tomorrow for some great design and decor tomorrow. You will see a tablescape, lighting and a close up of those beautiful doors. Also please visit my wedding professional friends also posting all week True Blood inspired wedding ideas all week long on their blog.

Sasha Souza

Bella Signature Design
Masterpiece Weddings
It's a Jamie Thing

2 comments:

It's A Jaime Thing said...

Yay! VERY cool - love that red dress...can't wait to see more, cheers!

Howerton+Wooten Events said...

Those wedding dresses are so lush! I love them!

Love & Soul Always, Kay