Friday, August 03, 2007

Tag, I'm it!

So, in the past few days, a phenomena of tagging (not the graffiti kind) has been circulating in the blogs all over. I was tagged by my friend Saundra Hadley, a wonderful wedding and event planner in Evansville, Indiana. So here are 8 things you don't know about me:

  1. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 21 but drove my own car with insurance since I was 15. I grew up in West Texas - who checks those kind of things out there. I even went to college in Dallas, yup, with a car, no license.
  2. Prior to my wedding & event planning business, I got a lot of use out of my Bio chem and Biology degrees working as an executive for agencies who provide services to individuals with disabilities. Nope, I was kidding, the degrees didn't do anything for me.
  3. I have 5 children, and only 1 girl out of the whole lot.
  4. I haven't worn my prescription glasses to drive in over 2 years. Just bought a new pair last week. Seems like I have issues with driving.
  5. I love to invest in the market: stock, mutual funds, emerging markets....it's how we are going to pay for all those college funds.
  6. I love politics. My politics are far to one side (I won't mention which) and my best friend whom I never see in person is far to the other side. We get along famously - it the whole Mary Maitlen James Carvel thing....
  7. We are one big green family. We recycle everything we can. My 4 year old can separate pull the paper off a can of green beans and separate the aluminum from paper. How's that!? Now, if I could just afford those solar panels.........
  8. I can't think of something, I will edit later

So now I am off to tag 8 others. Not sure if I have 8 others to tag. I read a lot of interesting blogs and some of these folks don't know me, but I am going to tag them anyway.

Karen and Winfield Little, great friends and great photographers

Brian Tsai, Life Mosaics, another great photographer

Vanessa Escobedo, and yet another photographer

Stara {last name unknown}.....I don't know this person, but my friend Kendra and I read her blog religiously. She apparently was married here in San Antonio. Her blog, Random Rantings, is just that. HI-larious. Hopefully she'll post her 8 things, we interested to read her response.

No comments: